Sunday, February 14, 2010

Book Club

I've always wanted to be in a book club. I was in one, and we met once. I was the only one who had read the book. And we never met again.

Book clubs are tricky! You have to get people in it who are willing to read almost anything, and who will actually read the book. You also have to get people who will talk about what they've read without being stuck-up or over-bearing. It's a difficult thing, I tell ya.

So, I have this idea. What if we tried an online, blogging book club? Anyone who wants to be in it could, and we'd pick a book every month or we could each read a book of our own choice every month, or whatever. Then, when it comes time to "meet", we could discuss via the comments section of our blogs, create a blog together, or some other sort of social media. I figure in this digital age with all of this technology we could pull this off.

I don't know if it would work, or if it would be too impersonal. But, if you are interested, please comment, and tell your friends! Or if you have another idea, please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I just joined a book club back in September, and am loving it! They don't always read the books that I would want to read, but I have to admit, it's interesting to read something that you wouldn't have otherwise. Anywho, I'm always for more reading, so sign me up! What do you want to read first???

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will join your book club!! I'm always looking for interesting books to read

    ReplyDelete