Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Getting Fit

Earlier this month I posted about running. I've really been thinking about running, so I am going to try it for sure. A couple other girls have agreed to join me in this endeavor, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to sign up for the 5K Livestrong Challenge in Austin, TX at the end of October! My husband, Justin, is going to do one of the cycling races in the Livestrong Challenge, and I'm going to go with him anyway, so I figured, why not sign up?!? The only difficulty is that I'll have to raise $250, and that's a little intimidating. I know it doesn't seem like much, but I don't know who to even ask. But we'll see! Perhaps I can, and it's definitely worth it. I really like Livestrong, and the money they are giving to cancer research.

All in all, I really do want to get healthy. Teaching was really stressful and time-consuming the last two years, and exercising and eating right fell to the wayside. But now, my job isn't nearly as stressful (no state testing!), and I have the time and motivation to do this. Plus, I know that when we have kids some day it will be even harder to create new healthy habits, so now is the time.

I have two problems with eating healthy:
1. I never feel satisfied.
2. I hate cooking.

I need suggestions for cookbooks or recipes that are substantial and delicious, and easy and fast to cook. Also, I need suggestions for good running gear. I have some shoes that I like and think will work well, but what about clothes? I mean, this is a great excuse to do some shopping right? I want stuff that's comfortable and sweat absorbing, plus cute. I am a girl after all.

Hopefully your suggestions will be wonderful and before you know it I'll be like an Olympic athlete!

Well, maybe not, but one can only dream right?

No comments:

Post a Comment