Monday, February 8, 2010

Running?

On Saturday night a few girls and I got together for a "girl's night". It was good for my soul. I need friends, and it was great to actually feel like I have someone here other than my husband that I can talk to and share with, and basically do life with.

While we were talking the topic of running came up. I feel like I have an absurd amount of people in my life who are runners, and good, fast runners at that! All of my cousins are into running, two of my dear friends in Lubbock (Joy and Laura!) are runners, and I just feel like running is cool. And if you know me at all, I'm all about being cool.

Okay, so maybe that last part wasn't so true, but I do think maybe there is something to this running thing. So, I'm thinking that, come spring, I'm going to try it. I know you have to push through the beginning, and train your lungs or whatever to actually maybe enjoy the pain you are putting yourself through, but eventually you love it.

Right? Well, we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm thinking I'm going to try this with those same girls, if they decide to actually risk it. And believe me, there is great risk involved here. I mean, what if this running bliss is simply an illusion created by runners, trying to fool themselves into not revolting and throwing themselves off a bridge as they are running. That would be bad...

Anyway, I digress. Running: We'll see about you.

2 comments:

  1. AHAHHAHAHAHAH! You're blogging!! I'm way more excited about this than I should be, but I love to blog and I'm so excited that you've jumped on the band wagon! I'm adding you to my blog roll right now... So pumped! Love y'all! -K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that you can chronicle your running adventure while I can chronicle my triathlon adventure! You're going to do great!

    P.S. Lately I've become very sad that we did not spend more time together when we lived in the same city. I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete