Thursday, May 6, 2010

Running: Day Sixteen and Seventeen

On Monday we did another day of jog 10 minutes, then walk 4 minutes, then jog another 10 minutes. The first ten minutes wasn't too bad, but after stopping and walking, the second ten minutes was awful. My legs hurt, and I really didn't know if I could do it. I did, but it was really difficult.

So today, we jogged 20 minutes straight. We were supposed to run 12 minutes, walk 4 minutes, run 12 minutes. But instead, we decided to just try our luck at jogging 20 minutes straight. I didn't wear my watch, but rather set my phone alarm. That was brilliant. I only checked it twice, and I felt a lot better tonight than previously. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that I wasn't looking at my watch every 30 seconds.

And then, my phone alarm went off. We had done it. I'm telling you, the Rocky theme song came wafting through the air. It was incredible.

Okay, so maybe it was just me singing it, but it was still incredible! I was really pleased with our progress and our accomplishment. If you had asked me 6 weeks ago if I could run 20 minutes straight without stopping I would have laughed in your face. But tonight, I actually did it.

And now I really feel confident that I can run 30 minutes without stopping! And that I can run 3 miles without any trouble!

Well... maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment