Friday, May 28, 2010

Running: Day Twenty-Two and Twenty-Three

So, in case you hadn't noticed, I haven't blogged in awhile. I accidentally didn't run for a week! It was a total accident I tell ya. It was the last full week of school, it rained every day, and we had lots of crazy stuff going on. This was a total drag, because not running for a week is not good. However, I didn't give up, and I began running again this week. I ran on Monday for about 20 minutes just to get my legs moving again. I didn't really focus on time or distance, just simply not passing out. I didn't, and then on Tuesday I was able to run 25 minutes with Annie and Julie with little problem. I went running again yesterday (Thursday) and I decided that rather than running for 28 minutes, I wanted to run 2.25 miles. I've noticed that I haven't been going as far as I want to because my timer would always go off. I'm a very slow runner/jogger. Definitely a jogger, but runner sounds cooler.

I was able to jog 2.25 miles, and it went pretty well. It was difficult, but I saw a family from my church on the trail. This mom has 5 boys, all of whom she homeschools. And she is in shape! She was running while 2 of her boys rode their bikes. I kept thinking, if she can run like that after popping out 5 boys, I can do 2.25 miles. That proved to be good encouragement! I was able to do it, and I felt great that I finished it. My new running plan is to focus on my distance rather than my time. The rest of this week and next week I want to run 2.25 miles every time. Then I want to do 2.5 miles for a week. Then I'll up it to 2.75 miles for a week. Then 3 miles! (Like how I spelled that all out for you? I didn't want you to get confused.)

Running is great! And when I think about where I was 2 months ago... I still can't believe I'm doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment