Thursday, June 23, 2011

Oh what a day- and it's only noon!

What a day today has already been!  Justin had a day off (yay!) so we were going to FINALLY celebrate our four year anniversary by going to Lynn's Paradise Cafe in Louisville.

Justin went to Lynn's with his good friend Kevin after Kevin saw it on the Food Network.  I was pumped to finally eat there.  So we left at 10 am with very few calories already consumed and ready to enjoy a yummy, albeit unhealthy, lunch.  So about 30 minutes in to the drive, I noticed that the air conditioner wasn't really very cool.  Then I looked at the engine temperature gauge.  It was definitely way too hot.  We had to turn around, pull over to let the engine cool down, and then slowly make our way back to Bloomington.  We then picked up the truck and drove to the Honda dealership.  So frustrating!



I'm pretty sure it's our radiator that is busted.  What's extra irritating about that is the fact that this will be our third radiator in a year.  Yep, it's only been a year!  I'm pretty sure then that the people who replaced it the first two times will be paying yet again for another radiator.  UGH!  It's so frustrating that it makes me want to get a new vehicle.  But I don't know... I don't want to do anything rash, and I do love my car.  We'll just see.

Anyway, dinner was delicious last night, and filling!!  It was really easy to make, which is good because I'm not much a cook.  Justin was a big help too, and that of course made cooking a lot more fun.  I'm not sure if I can post the recipe or not since it's from a cookbook- I don't want to plagiarize.  I'll do some research and see if it's allowed or not.

So I'm wondering from you...

What would you do if your car had gone through 3 radiators in a year?

Have you ever had car trouble while on a vacation?

Any good, healthy recipe recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment