Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hot Chocolate and Granola Bars

Those of you who know me know (very well) that I do not cook. I don't enjoy it, I don't find it necessary, and in general I avoid it at all costs. However, I have a new product find to tell you about and a recipe to share! I know- crazy.

First, I bought these granola bars the other day at Target because they looked good, they are one of my favorite brands, and every once in a while I feel the need to try and be more healthy. (Too bad that doesn't happen more often...) Anyway, these granola bars are by Kashi and they are called "TLC Fruit and Grain" and the flavor I got is Raspberry Chocolate. Holy cow- they are amazing. And no, Kashi is not paying me to endorse their product. These granola bars are legit. I mean- delicious. And pretty filling- a great snack.

Okay, on the the recipe. This is a recipe for the best hot chocolate you will ever taste. I am not kidding. The 6th graders at my school make this every year for their parents and for the teachers. You layer the following ingredients in a pint jar, and it is a fabulous gift. Here are the ingredients:

1/2 cup of powder coffee creamer
1/3 cup of sugar (mix this with green food coloring for an extra bit of holiday cheer)
1/4 crushed peppermint candy (Use a food processor)
1/3 cup of powdered sugar
1/2 cup of Nestle Quick
1/2 cup of dry milk

That's it. Trust me- make it and experience the best hot chocolate ever. I substitute Splenda for sugar, and I used the no-sugar added Nestle Quick, and it tastes just as good.

Enjoy!

1 comment: