Saturday, March 20, 2010

I Can't Believe I'm About to Write This

I realize that most of the human population makes their New Year's Resolutions at, well, the start of the New Year. But I am a maverick, and so I am making my New Year's resolution in the middle of March. And two of these four resolutions I can't even believe I'm about to make. But I am, and by putting it on here I feel accountable to these decisions. My readers (or maybe more accurately reader), will expect updates about these resolutions, and therefore I must keep them.

Resolution #1: Cook every night except one. And by cook, I mean that it has to require more than just putting it in the oven. I will still allow myself the occasional oven/microwave meal, but on a whole I want to actually cook the meals Justin and I eat. Thank God for The Pioneer Woman because I am going to use some of her recipes. If she can cook for a family of 6 and do all of the things she does, I can cook for Justin and I on a regular basis.

Resolution #2: Run. Yep, that's right, I'm going to start running. Thankfully I have two other sweet friends who are going to run with me, so I won't be alone in my misery. Misery loves company. At least, I think that's what I've heard. We're starting next week! YIKES!

Resolution #3: Photography. I love taking pictures, and I used to be really great about grabbing my camera before leaving the house, and photographing various life events. However, I haven't been taking nearly as many pictures as I used to, and I miss it. Therefore, I am going to make an effort to take more photographs.

Resolution #4: Watch less TV- Read more. I have this awesome online book club that I'm a part of (I might be biased...), and I definitely want to start choosing reading over TV. Generally I choose TV over everything, but that's not very healthy, so TV's gotta go. At least some of it. Hopefully this resolution will also help with #1 and 2, which are the scariest on the list.

So here we go! Time to make some changes. I'll keep you posted. And if you have any suggestions to help me with any of these endeavors, please feel free to share.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you, sweet friend!!! I have tried some of the pioneer woman's recipes and they are awesome! I love that she has pictures for each step of the recipe! I have some you might be interested in too that are really easy (and don't involve bananas ;-) and you can totally run! I'm going to try and use my impala more. I recently decided to try your last two as well for basically the same reasons (and the fact that for #3 I have an incredibly cute kid with a face that just begs that you take pictures of her!!)

    PS - am I your reader?!!! btw, check out the new look and direction for my blog!

    ReplyDelete