Thursday, March 4, 2010

Life as I Know It

Lately, I'm feeling in a rut of sorts. I love my life, don't get me wrong. I have an amazing husband, two great dogs, a fabulous job, and a great church. But lately, I've just been feeling like there's more out there- more to do- that I want/need to be doing. My soul feels uneasy. Like I was meant to do more than this.

I really do love my job. Teaching is a great job- very rewarding, exciting, never dull. But I don't feel like teaching really utilizes my best skills. I am a leader- always have been, always will be. And while teaching puts my in a leadership role (obviously leading my students), it's not quite the way I feel like I was made to be a leader.

So, what do I do? I know that I'm not settled in my current role, but I don't really know what to do. I don't want to be a principal- my Dad was a principal, and needless to say, I don't want to be a principal. Honestly, I feel this desire to do something politically, but I have no idea how to do that.

I see our current educational system and how flawed and messed up it is. I know what I believe, and what other teachers believe, would be some good solutions to our current systems ailments, but how in the world do I get myself out there? I mean, the Secretary of Education is appointed by the President. So unless I come across and impress a future president, that job is out. Becoming a Senator or a Representative is EXPENSIVE, and in case you haven't checked, teachers don't make very much! Perhaps that's why teachers can't really get our voices heard, we don't have the money to do it.

Anyway, I don't know what the solution is, or where life is taking me. I'm thankful for my supportive husband who believes in me, and supports my endeavors, not matter how far-fetched they might be.

Anyone know any future presidents? Or want to give me a ton of money? Hook a sister up!

2 comments:

  1. You should do it Sarah Palin style! She started by being active in the PTA and worked her way to VP candidate right? Find people who are actively working in your community to improve schools, and make connections. I think you've got good things to say! Keep that fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pray. God knows the desires of your heart- He gives them to you! Pray that God would help you enjoy this rhythm of your life right now, but would open your eyes to opportunities around you that you should take advantage of. Pretty cool that you're feeling like taking on new challenges! Will be praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete